So I have something to admit….
I have an OkCupid profile!
Yeeeees yeeeees … laugh it up! Lol I honestly made the profile out of boredom. I believe it’s a great source of entertainment. Receiving messages from sexy (yet possibly catfish) guys has boasted my self-esteem, taught me how to pseudo-date, and communicate with men. I must say, I don’t have much relationship experience with guys, but OkCupid helps a little.
There are a few thing I’ve learned with my OkCupid experience:
1. Meeting with someone from this website is scary! On my first date, I brought my taser with me, sent a pic of my date and a pic of his license plate to my sister. SAFETY IS THE MAIN PRIORITY!
2. I have a high tolerence level for chatty guys. I don’t like chatty guys, but it fine when I’m too nervous to actually have something to say. I believe it shows how interested a guy is.
3. Be forward! Let niggas know when the date is over! Walk and talk towards your car give him that concluding hug and say good night!
4. I actually have a decent wardrobe! I’ve revamped multiple outfits and even found old clothes I haven’t seen in a while lol. I love dressing up for dates!
5. It seems like people are on the computer more than they actually mingle outside of the house. It’s unfortunate that we feel more “social” on social networking websites than in real life. I feel like the guys who have actually messaged me on OkCupid won’t talk to me if they actually saw me on the street. I don’t say that because of low self-esteem. I think well of myself… I’m not cocky or anything but… I do tell myself I look sexy af when I look in the mirror every morning … You know… Like a mini pep rally lol. Anyway… Dudes are so disconnected when they are on the streets walking with their Beats by Dre headphones on their ears, cellphone in hand (the ultimate distraction), and their mind on getting more Twitter followers.
6. I don’t think low of online dating. At first I felt like only desperate people are on them. Not all of them are.
A friend of mine once said, “We are still young. The love of your life could be in Nicaragua!” Though the net kind of destroys a sense of real connection, with online dating, you have a chance to actually meet someone and have a taste of them in physical form (no nasty, unless you specify you want for casual sex lol). It’s risky, but so is everyday life.
In conclusion (omg I feel like I’m writing an essay for my high school English/Lit teacher lol), I’ve learned a lot and hope to learn a lot more about myself and men as I continue to date people from this website. I’m also open to meeting people in physical form, outside of the site! I enjoy mingling opportunities, and I hope I get to experience a real relationship soon. That is all… I’m done!